Jalpaiguri, July 7: Two workers died while opening the shuttering of a septic tank. Two more injured. The incident took place at Kaliaganj Jora Kadam area of Jalpaiguri district. The cause of death has initially been anticipated to have been caused by toxic gas inside the septic tank.
The deceased were identified as Ananta Roy (20)of Nathua Para and Alim Mohammad (30) of Kaliaganj. The injured are Rahim Mohammad (40) and Bipul Roy (34).
According to the locals, the shuttering of the septic tank was being undone at the house of Lakshmi Narayan Roy in Jalpaiguri Sadar Block. One of the workers went to open the shuttering of the newly constructed septic tank and did not get up. Three more workers followed him to the septic tank one by one to rescue him. All four fell ill inside the gas inside the septic tank. Two of them died. The other two were rescued in critical condition and taken to Jalpaiguri Super Specialty Hospital.